The Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) is a HUD program designed to stabilize the communities that are suffering from foreclosures and abandoned housing.
We are honored to be working with Chicanos por la Causa, Inc. The original goal of the organization was to improve the community conditions in South Central Phoenix. Today, over forty years later, they have grown to multiple divisions and they are operating in multiple states.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is making great progress with their neighborhood stabilization program, and Chicanos por la Causa, Inc. is taking advantage of the tools available from HUD. The HUD NSP, as it’s called, is a great example of big government dollars at work in specific, local communities around the country.
Chicanos por la Causa, Inc. is working hard toward their ambitious goals, with the overriding theme of improving the communities they serve. Their broad reach touches programs in economic development, education, housing, and social services.
Short term goals:
- Stop the decline in home values in their targeted geography.
- Reduce or eliminate vacant or abandoned property in their targeted geography.
- Increase targeted home ownership rate.
- Decrease the turnover and move-out rate in targeted areas.
Long term goals:
- Increase the property sales in targeted areas.
- Increase the median market values of real estate in targeted neighborhoods.
- Increase the property taxes in the targeted areas.
We welcome Chicanos por la Causa, Inc. to the Altos Research family and we look forward to hearing stories from the field about how they’re using our data to make a difference. For sponsorship or volunteer opportunities with Chicanos por la Causa, Inc., please visit www.cplc.org.